November 25th, 2014 by Sarah Steel
Here’s a piece from Nursery Management Today magazine about the rationale behind our sale of 4 nursery sites earlier this year. With 2 ‘outstanding’ OFSTED gradings in the first half of this term, we’re feeling that ‘small is beautful’!
November 21st, 2014 by Sarah Steel
July 21st, 2014 by Sarah Steel
June 9th, 2014 by Sarah Steel
Local nursery listed in daynurseries.co.uk 2014 Top 10 Nursery Awards
The daynurseries.co.uk Top 10 Nursery Awards 2014 highlight the most recommended day nurseries in each region of the UK. The awards are based on over 12,818 recommendations received during 2013-14 from parents, relatives and guardians of children who attend the nurseries. Specifically, we have used the recommendation score as of 1st April 2014, which is calculated using the number of recommendations, the average of each of the ratings and the size of the nursery. Nurseries who did not receive Grade 1 Outstanding or Grade 2 Good for all 3 categories during any period of 2013 and 2014 were excluded from the awards. If we deem appropriate, we reserve the right to exclude nurseries.
Top 10 Recommended Nurseries South East England 2014
- Rising Stars Day Care Nursery (Children & Families Ltd)Brewery Road, Sittingbourne, KentME10 2EE
- Rainbow Nursery @ Little Forest Children’s Centre (Rainbow Nursery Group)Friars Way, Tunbridge Wells, KentTN2 3UA
- Field House Day Nursery (Childbase Partnership) Buckingham, Buckinghamshire MK18 1ST
- Pennies Day Nursery – Hockers Lane (Pennies Day Nursery Ltd) Weavering, Maidstone, KentME14 5JY
- Victoria House Day Nursery (Childbase Partnership) Marlow, Buckinghamshire SL7 1DL
- Filkins Nursery (The Old Station Nursery Ltd) (The Old Station Nursery Ltd) Filkins, Lechlade, Oxfordshire GL7 3JJ
- Positive Steps Children’s Day Nursery Ltd (Positive Steps Children’s Day Nursery Ltd) Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 4AY
- Grasshoppers Day Nursery (Childbase Partnership) Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire HP21 9PD
- Rainbow Nursery @ Birling Road (Rainbow Nursery Group)Birling Road, Tunbridge Wells, KentTN2 5LX
- Abacus Nursery (Complete Childcare)Oxford Road, Newbury, Berkshire RG14 1XB
Filkins Nursery Manager, Louise Jenkins, says, ‘We are delighted to have won this award. We are a very small village nursery with an extremely supportive parent group. The majority of our parents were very happy to take a few minutes of their time to leave a recommendation on the website. We have been delighted with the content of the recommendations- it is such a boost for staff to know that their hard work and commitment to their role is appreciated by our parents.
We work as a team at Filkins. The care of our children is uppermost in our thoughts- we plan for their individual needs, follow their interests, listen to what they have to say and support them as they progress from one development step to another.
We work with our parents and value their input into nursery life through our Parent Partnership Group. Our online record-keeping has established a daily sharing of information between staff, parents and the children themselves. We are able to share photographs and observations with a parent as soon as they take place and a parent can access his/her child’s online learning journal securely 24 hours a day. Parents generously come into nursery to share their experiences and skills with the children.
Our picturesque Cotswold setting is a well-resourced stimulating environment with a focus on outdoor learning. We also offer extra-curricular activities of French, Yoga and Music.
Most of our new families come to us through local reputation and recommendation- this for us has to be the best possible indication of parent satisfaction.
As Manager, I would like to thank all staff, children and parents (past and present!) for their on-going commitment to life at Filkins Nursery.’
June 2nd, 2014 by Sarah Steel
Our latest work to use technology to improve parent communications made the news in Henley on Thames last month. http://www.henleystandard.co.uk/news/news.php?id=1458979